All Good Things Must Come To An End

Go down

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Post by World's Richest Merchant on Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

There's no sense in fooling ourselves. We all know at this point that LZP has become deserted. The fact is, we've grown up. We've moved on to bigger and better things. We have jobs now, big projects we're working on, and in some cases, families we've created. But as far as I'm concerned, that's the best way for LZP to end.

When this forum started out, most of us (myself included) were all just a bunch of silly, stupid kids with no sense of direction or purpose. But now we're adults with a better understanding of both ourselves and our goals. I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally have all of you to thank for that, and I'm sure I'm not alone. LZP didn't die because we stopped caring about each other, LZP died because we helped each other grow past who we were to become who we are now.

So, for this reason, I and the others in charge of the forum have come to an agreement that we will be officially "closing" the forum. You will still be able to post and PM if you so wish, but new users will no longer be allowed. The forum will remain up for those who may just want to remember the old days, but for all intents and purposes, this is it. After all these years, it's finally over. LZP has come to an end.

This would be sad if it meant that we could no longer be friends, but it doesn't. I don't think any of us have forgotten one another, nor will we. But for those of us who want to stay in contact and form new memories rather than merely remember the old ones, there is an option.

We have a Discord server for anyone and everyone who wants to stay in contact with their old friends from LZP. If you don't know what Discord is, it's a chat application similar to that of Skype, but with custom servers through which users may hang out and chat as a group. It's very simple to set up, and if any of you have any questions once you have it installed, you may add me as a friend and contact me through the chat application. Simply click on "Friends" at the top left beside the server bar, then click "Add Friend" at the top, then where it says "Enter a DiscordTag#0000", type (or paste) in Senoinya Aumeriyal'e#8914. From there, I can provide you with any further instructions you require.

This is the invite link for the Discord server:

https://discord.gg/FUCbEWq

Simply copy the URL, click the new server button (looks like a round circle with a plus in the center) on the left, choose to join a server, paste in the URL, and then simply click the "Join" button, and it should add you immediately.

Whether you join the Discord server or you don't, I wish you all the absolute best in life. LZP had a good run, and that's in great thanks to each and every one of you.

Farewell.

Last edited by Dalu50 on Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bolding a point I think might have been missed... ;))

||
=LM=
||
||
World's Richest Merchant
TOATUBBY
TOATUBBY

Lego ID : Pikmin0207
Humor : Time is money, but you can always get more of the latter!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Post by TaeIsTheMostAttractive on Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm

watch the website come back to life after this message

Edit: bacon will forever rule the world

https://twitter.com/i/moments/996755303956959232

Last edited by TaeIsTheMostAttractive on Wed May 16, 2018 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TaeIsTheMostAttractive
Tea Hoarder

Lego ID : Elliwhi1008751
Humor : Don't mind my oxymorons.

View user profile http://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cracken on Wed May 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Joining Elzeep was one of the most meaningful events of my entire life. The sort of person I've become, the people I've met, the opportunities I've had, and so on would likely be entirely different without it. Thank you to Pik, SD, and Jred for creating this forum that presented so many opportunities for new friendships and new adventures to all of us. 

Thanks to Pik and the Elzeep Staff for allowing me to serve as Intern, and later Mod and Admin. It taught me a lot and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks to Em for the Fantasy roleplay. I wish I'd participated more, but I still think of it sometimes and it inspires me to keep creating.

If anyone wants to keep up with me or say hi, you can find me on said Discord server, or PM me where I can share other contact info.

[23:24:10] @ Em : I'd be the man, but I look stellar in an apron.

Queen of Bunnies wrote:Crackers is the center of a twinkie reality. Razz
The Cracken
Teletubby Admin
Teletubby Admin

Lego ID : crackers5
Humor : Anything is possible when you smell like Emjajoas and not a lady. I'm on Elzeep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by George the Fedora on Wed May 16, 2018 4:58 pm

I wanna thank you all for making me feel ostracized and banning me way back when making this place one of the most special I've ever had the good fortune to inhabit.

I hope to see you all on the Discord server that I have complete and total control over carefully crafted to provide an experience true to who we all are.
George the Fedora
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Lego ID : Spacedude1234567
Humor : People say good humor is like ice cream. Insert another pun here.

View user profile http://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino on Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm

This forum was such an important and special place for me during my formative years as a teen, and holds some of my most precious memories. Y'all are great, and I'll see you in the discord!

"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength"

I do not belong in a world of broken pieces
I was meant to be in the arms of Your redemption
I am moving on to the place of Your perfection
Cause I do not belong

This world is not my home
I'm a stranger in this land
But I am not alone
When I do not belong

"True friendship is like sound health, the true value of it is not known until it is lost." - LM, you will be sorely missed.

No matter where you are, or what you are going through, you are never truly alone.
Rhino
Evil Hamster Dictator Intern

Lego ID : Sheikh Me Handy
Humor : I really like Windmills. I'm a huge fan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomEncounter on Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm

0/10 would not recommend
RandomEncounter
This Rank Is Better Than Yours

Lego ID : You can probably guess.
Humor : "Please enjoy the annual Aegis Tower Fireworks, Explosives, and Concussive Blasts display. Remember, do not, at any point, no matter how aggressive the display, declare any point in the display, "The Finale," as Aegis Tower will likely take this as a challenge." --SAYER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaijuToonami on Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 am

I guess this is goodbye then! Sad I am sure going to miss everyone on here. (Especially Dalu.)

If any of you want to look for me I will always be on DeviantArt.
KaijuToonami
Insane & Alive

Lego ID : Shulk1991
Humor : Bazinga!

View user profile https://haelstormart.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalu50 on Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Well, I guess it already happened, and I'm glad Pik decided to make it official.  Thank you SO much, though, for still allowing us to post and PM, because this is still my main contact avenue for a few people.  I was afraid there for a second that it would be the LEGO Gallery all over again. Razz

Elzeep has been an awesome place in my life.  It would be silly to say we've all grown up, like being grown up is somehow a destination we can reach so early in our lives.  We're all growing up still; we've just hit a different season of that, and that season just doesn't include the sort of time we used to be able to dedicate to this forum.

But thankfully it still includes our friendships that we've created or explored better here on Elzeep.  Things aren't the same as they used to be; but I think in some ways they are better.  We're all starting to learn other things that are important.  We're going past fun explosions of teenage humor in the CB.  We're growing together.

Life is full of seasons.  Elzeep's hay-day was one of them.  And this is another one.

Thanks everyone for making my Elzeep season an awesome one. *Crying Rainbows*

I'll still be here for contact with peeps who can't get a hold of me any other way.  The forum may have died, but thankfully the people on it aren't dead. LOL Wink
Dalu50
THE GLITTERING MODERATOR

Location : Down that dirt road you always drive by, one mile out, second house on the left.
Lego ID : Dalu50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by George the Fedora on Sun May 20, 2018 3:10 pm

I highly recommend joining the Discord server. Most of the old gang is online and active there, including some faces you probably haven't seen in a while due to us leaving LZP.

Like Aaron said, it's simple and quick to set up, and completely free. Come join us!
George the Fedora
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Lego ID : Spacedude1234567
Humor : People say good humor is like ice cream. Insert another pun here.

View user profile http://phoenixcommandgroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Em on Sun May 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Lots of people have already said what I'm thinking (and like, days ago, too. This is what happens when I finally take Elzeep off of my start-up tabs...), but I'll say it myself anyways. I don't know where I'd be without this place. Lego Zone Power was a refuge of friendship in a crazy, crazy time. I still remember finally stepping away from the toxicity of the LEGO messenger, and wondering what I was going to do. I would have never expected to run into a place that would have built me up in character, creativity, and even in faith. LZP gave me an avenue of ideas, a place where I could try out writing of different forms, even songwriting. This well of creativity led to me working on a stupidly vast fictional world that I'm still trying to wrangle into something tangible. And the things I've learned about myself and about the world through each and every one of you... it's indescribable. 

Every once and a while I try to describe this place to people. I don't think I'll ever quite convey it right; the sheer concept of getting so heavily connected to people on an internet forum seems foreign. But I think describing it as a haven for growth puts it the best. I definitely didn't enter LZP mature, and I've grown a lot still since I've left it. Like Dalu said, we have seasons. But LZP was certainly a season that helped shape me into the man I am today.

We all came here to chat around about building toys, and in the end were built up in a totally different way. I think that's profound, in a sense. GG, all. We've made it.

Resident CanuckMadman

Location : I still remember all the glittering lights on Corsucant. Very pretty. Can we go back there, master?
Lego ID : HK-47
Humor : Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

View user profile http://Eurobricks, LEGO, Brickset... so on, so forth...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouse Whisperer on Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 pm

I've only been here for four years, but it's been so great. You guys are awesome. I never thought that such friendships could be, without ever even seeing a person face to face. But then I joined LZP. 

Really I don't want to say goodbye to any of you, because maybe I'll meet some of you again some time - if not in person, then online. But maybe not. Either way, I want to thank you all for such a clean, crazy forum, and for welcoming me into the insanity. Elzeep was a very good thing that happened.
The Mouse Whisperer
Crazy
Crazy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamTae on Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 am

Hey guys. I know I'm probably one of the ones that stopped showing up so often so I'm sorry for that but this place holds a lot of good memories for me and I thank you all for that. Good think I thought to hope on haha. Ill hop on the discord server and Daul, ill try to remember to sign in more often to chat Smile
Anyways thanks guys for all your hard work monitoring this place over the years its really been great. ~Fire
TeamTae
Officially Elzeep
Officially Elzeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down